



After 8 years, 11 breakdowns, 4 tows, 211,000 miles, and forking out $$$$$, my 1994 Jeep was laid to rest yesterday evening around 8:15pm at Town and Country Ford in Bessemer, AL. And, I was on some level, devastated. I literally had to touch the steering wheel one last time and got that rush of emotions, as if I were giving a long time friend our last goodbye. Good ole Jeep has been with me through it ALL-and in my opinion, breaking down to save me the trouble of going through it myself! If I hadn't of looked like a horrifyingly loony individual, I would have high-fived one of the side mirrors as a 'see ya & take care!!’. Although, it was still great way to say farewell to the past and hello to the future!
Along with leaving the Jeep, I purchased my first car. A 2010 Ford Escape! Unlike the car hunting within the past, this was amazingly easy and quick, quick, quick! Wednesday morning I had no idea that I was even remotely close to the realm of buying….I hadn’t even settled on what I truly needed as opposed to wanted! Around lunch time, Monte called me to let me know he just spoke with one of the owner’s of the dealership (who funny enough attended church with my family at Meadow Brook), and was on his way to, ‘talk numbers and options with a salesman’. I hung up the phone in a funk, simply because this has been an everyday thing for the past month-Literally. So, no hopes were high.
By 4:30, I received a call asking to come up to the dealership, so Monte could show me something. Got there, saw the car, fell in love instantly, gave it a test-drive….aaaaand was then told I would need a co-signer. BUMMER! We’d tried that a few times already with no success, but I agreed to give it one last shot……apparently buying a 2010 came with a few “perks” making it more affordable than a used car.
So, our names were run, it was perfect. So the next hour and a half was spent running around trying to find the title to the Jeep and getting back to the dealership for the mounds of paperwork before closing time! I was driving off of the lot before 8:30!
Another wonderful God Thing!
Congrats!! I am so glad you were able to get what you wanted!! You deserve it!
ReplyDelete